By Vladimir Fridkin, Stephen Ducharme
The research of nanosized ferroelectric movies and ferroelectric nanocrystals has attracted a lot realization prior to now 15 – twenty years. there's curiosity within the basic and utilized elements. The theoretical foundation is hooked up with the advance of the Landau-Ginzburg-Devonshire (LGD) suggest box and the 1st rules theories to the ultrathin ferroelectric movies with thickness within the region of severe measurement. very important capability purposes are attainable nanosize ferroelectric movies in non-volatile stories, microelectronics, sensors, pyroelectric and electro-optic units. This new region of study of ferroelectricity continues to be in impetuous improvement and much from final touch. Many subject matters elucidated want generalization. The e-book comprises concept and experimental information for quite a lot of ferroelectric materials.
Read or Download Ferroelectricity at the Nanoscale: Basics and Applications PDF
Similar magnetism books
Overlaying uncomplicated actual ideas, experimental tools, and functions, this booklet is an integral textual content at the interesting technology of magnetism, and a useful resource of sensible reference information. available, authoritative, and assuming undergraduate familiarity with quantum mechanics, electromagnetism and vectors, this textbook can be utilized on graduate classes.
The previous twenty years have witnessed a revolution within the earth sciences. The quantitative, instrument-based measurements and actual types of. geophysics, including advances in expertise, have greatly remodeled the way the Earth, and particularly its crust, is defined. The learn of the magnetism of the rocks of the Earth's crust has performed a massive half during this transformation.
- Dynamics of Magnetically Trapped Particles: Foundations of the Physics of Radiation Belts and Space Plasmas
- Magnetic fields: a comprehensive theoretical treatise for practical use
- Molecular Magnetism
- Thin Films and Heterostructures for Oxide Electronics
- Demonstrational Optics: Part 2, Coherent and Statistical Optics (Pt. 2)
- Superconductivity in Ternary Compounds II: Superconductivity and Magnetism
Additional resources for Ferroelectricity at the Nanoscale: Basics and Applications
Therefore, at present, it is difficult to make a reliable comparison of these data with experiment. 3 Ginzburg Soft Mode Conception and Ferroelectricity at the Nanoscale In the Chap. 4 we shall show the experimental data about the influence of the film thickness and crystal size on, the phase transition temperature and ferroelectric properties. In was mentioned, that the ferroelectric copolymer P[VDF-TrFE], prepared by the Langmuir-Blodgett method, reveals ferroelectricity and 24 3 Critical Size in Ferroelectricity ferroelectric switching in one monolayer (5 Å) [7, 9].
30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 27 T. , Appl. Phys. Lett. 73, 3524 (1998) T. , Appl. Phys. Lett. , Appl. Phys. Lett. 76, 2767 (2000) A. , J. Appl. Phys. 91, 2247 (2002) D. , Solid State Commun. , J. : Cond. Matter 16, 3517 (2004) P G. DeGennes, Solid State Commun. 1, 132 (1963) C L. L. L. : Cond. Matter 3, 4743 (1992) M. , J. Phys. C17, 1793 (1984) D. , Science 304, 1650 (2004) Y. , in Proceedings of the Workshop Nanoelectronics Day 2005, Abstract book, Forschungszentrum Juelich (2005), p. 29 N.
35. 36. 37. 27 T. , Appl. Phys. Lett. 73, 3524 (1998) T. , Appl. Phys. Lett. , Appl. Phys. Lett. 76, 2767 (2000) A. , J. Appl. Phys. 91, 2247 (2002) D. , Solid State Commun. , J. : Cond. Matter 16, 3517 (2004) P G. DeGennes, Solid State Commun. 1, 132 (1963) C L. L. L. : Cond. Matter 3, 4743 (1992) M. , J. Phys. C17, 1793 (1984) D. , Science 304, 1650 (2004) Y. , in Proceedings of the Workshop Nanoelectronics Day 2005, Abstract book, Forschungszentrum Juelich (2005), p. 29 N. Spaldin, Science 304, 1606 (2004) A.
Ferroelectricity at the Nanoscale: Basics and Applications by Vladimir Fridkin, Stephen Ducharme